I have spent the majority of last week at Rock am Ring, the biggest festival for rock music in Germany. Let me tell you just this one thing: festivals aren’t for the faint-hearted. It’s all about camping, music and enjoying yourself. This is what i personally love about festivals:
- Enjoying the sun and getting tanned
- Getting muddy since the camp sites are only meadows
- Playing fun games (although I always turn out to be quite bad at flunky ball)
- Getting to see a ton of great concerts and your favorite bands
My favorites this year: 30 Seconds to Mars, The Killers, Fettes Brot, Paramore, Volbeat, Papa Roach, Simple Plan
- Festival Flirts
- Hanging out with my friends
- Meeting new people by walking around the camp site
- Eating only “healthy” stuff such as cornflakes, cookies and fast food for five days in a row
- Participating in spontaneous fun activities. this year: a Holi festival of colors flash mob
- Having a shower and snuggling in your cozy bed after five days of only a minimum of personal hygiene and a lack of sleep
The links lead to my favorite concerts and videos of this year’s festival on youtube.
I will upload some of the pictures I have taken by the end of the week when I got my camera cable.